Greater Milwaukee DX Association
GMDXA meetings are held on the fourth Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. There are no meetings in December, July or August. Meeting locations vary, please contact us for the location if you would like to attend a meeting.
The Greater Milwaukee DX Association is an Amateur Radio Club that promotes DXing in the following ways:
- All members share the common interest in communicating with other radio amateurs throughout the world. We individually do this in our own unique ways.
- All bands, modes and power levels are used to further the sport of DXing
- We foster a mutual assistance attitude and camaraderie where each member's successes are celebrated and help is provided to improve our stations and skills
- We maintain communications with other DX organizations and groups to exchange ideas and promote unity throughout the DX Fraternity
- The GMDXA is proud to promote and support selected Dxpeditions and members of the DX community through membership sponsored funding
Three types of GMDXA membership are available:
- Full Member - Possession of the ARRL DXCC Certificate is required or proof of confirmation of QSOs with a minimum of 25 countries.
- Family Member – Additional family members who meet the requirements of a Full Member, but live at the same address of a Full Member, may join the GMDXA as a family member.
- Associate Member – Meets the requirements of a Full Member and who live a minimum of sixty miles from downtown Milwaukee. This is a nonvoting membership. Regular dues apply. Exceptions to the sixty mile limit can be made (and voted upon) on an individual basis if circumstances warrant.
- Honorary Member - Members who have provided extraordinary service to the GMDXA, may be granted an Honorary Membership. This is a dues free, non-voting membership.
Other DXers not eligible for membership may attend meetings if sponsored by a full member. Such sponsorship is encouraged to promote future membership of those with a developing interest in DXing.
If you would like more information about the GMDXA, just use the Contact Us area on our website. Our members are from a wide-spread area of southeastern Wisconsin and we would be happy to help with any questions.
President Jerry Scherkenbach, N9AW
Vice President: Bill Ribish, W9LR
Secretary & Treasurer Ron Gorski, N9AU